A judicial review brought on by the The Ontario Nurses’ Association (ONA) that demanded better access to personal protective equipment (PPE) to protect its members has been dismissed. 

In the application for review filed in February, the ONA said the province hadn’t done enough to protect health-care workers from COVID-19, singling out a directive from Ontario’s chief medical officer of health as inadequate.

However, in a ruling issued this week, the court said the application had failed to prove that the province’s directives were unreasonable, or that they contravened charter rights.

“The application must, therefore, be dismissed,” the ruling states.

The union wanted the province to explicitly acknowledge that the virus can be transmitted through the air, that asymptomatic transmission occurs and that nurses need the highest level of precaution available.

At the time of the application, the ONA said nearly 19,000 health-care workers had been infected in the province.

Source From CBC News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sign Up for Our Newsletters

Get notified of the fresh news from Montrealecodaily.com

You May Also Like

Leylah Fernandez eliminates another top 5 seed in march to U.S. Open semifinals

Comments To encourage thoughtful and respectful conversations, first and last names will…

Coronavirus: What’s happening in Canada and around the world on Friday

The latest: Denmark’s high vaccination rate has enabled the Scandinavian country to…

Vikings Were in the Americas Exactly 1,000 Years Ago

Six decades ago, a husband-and-wife team of archaeologists discovered the remains of…

Canadian Forces to be deployed to help tackle Iqaluit’s water crisis

The Canadian Armed Forces will be stepping in to help with the…